The Band that Does it All
Featuring the best of Sydney’s musical finest, Hype Band is Australia’s Premiere event band. Fronted by Sydney’s leading female vocalist Lara Parker Kent and Hype Duo’s lead vocalist Greg Weir, backed up by lead guitarist Michael Kelly and Drummer, Nick Andreo there is no better act in Sydney’s music scene.
Lara Parker Kent, The Daughter of The Radiators “Fess Parker” Lara was born to perform and she does not disappoint. Male lead vocalist, Greg Weir has taken Sydney’s music scene by storm performing in Hype Duo as well as working as an original artist through his 20’s having performed at venues such as the metro, on board cruise ships and more.
Lead Guitar, Drums, Bass and Back Up Vocals, our sets are made up of the best classic rock, 80’s 90’s & NOW songs, with special attention paid to playing songs other than just the usual “staples.”
Hype Band brings a fun, energetic performance every time and know how to get a party a started — leaving people screaming for “just one more”
Past Performances Include:
- Opening For Ricki Lee on Australia Day (30,000 people)
- International Convention Centre (Canberra) for the Australian Financial Association
- Hype Band Performed at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) after the big bash last December
- Regular Booking at at Sydney’s finest venues including the Museum of Contemporary Arts, Doltone House, Park Hyatt, Luna Park, Sofitel Sydney and more.
- Featured Entertainment 2016, 2017 @ Australian Bridal Industry Awards (ABIA) Awards Night
- Allianz Stadium for Half time football Entertainment
- Anna Wang Studio Launch
- Radiance of the Seas “Groove and Cruise” Oct 17, Supporting KC and the Sunshine Band, Marcia Hines and more.
- CruiseCo’s 2018 Annual Conference, The Triffid: Brisbane
"Hype were absolutely amazing! Not only were they dynamic and talented performers that got everyone in the right spirit, they were incredibly professional and flexible. Hype made Associations Forum National Conference Dinner a night to remember. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a band that needs to appeal to anyone, Hype can get anyone up and dancing."
"The boys “HYPE DUO” were great. They really made the wedding, and all of our guests commented how much they like them. If we get divorced I'll definitely book them for my next wedding!"
Ross + Dawn
"Hype duo at our ceremony were incredible. There wasn’t a dry eye in the chapel! They continued on for canapés and were nothing less then exceptional. They had everyone on their feet dancing at the reception and I lost track of the number of guests who came up and told us how amazing the band were! I can’t thank you all enough - you played a huge role in making our wedding day/night one that we will never forget!"
"Hype were FANTASTIC!Thank you so much, I couldn’t recommend them enough to any of your future clients. Everyone loved them and had a great night. They had a couple of ‘impromptu’ guest singers that took over the microphone for a few songs and it never phased them. Lots of fun. Absolutely awesome"